York Swimming Academy Ltd.
Post Title: Lead Swimming Teacher
Pay Grade: £10 per hour
Hours of Work: Saturdays (15:30-16:30)
Role: York Swimming Academy Ltd. are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and organised assistant swimming teachers to join our team, delivering at centres across York.
Your primary role will be to assist the Lead Teacher to deliver sessions in a professional manner and undertake administrative tasks associated with the role (i.e. lesson plans, class registers, monitoring and evaluation).
• Assist in the planning and delivery of lessons in accordance with the scheme of work;
• Assist the Lead Teacher to implement the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework and reward schemes into their classes;
• Ensure safe provision of all equipment and ensure it is used correctly;
• Ensure safety standards are followed in sessions and undertake risk assessments;
• Identify participants’ abilities and encourage them to reach their full potential;
• Provide clear explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques;
• Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance;
• To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage participants to engage in swimming;
• Assist the Lead Teacher to evaluate sessions and give feedback;
• Assist the Lead Teacher to regularly assess each participant’s ability and progress and arrange for the award of the appropriate certificates;
• To attend regular staff meetings as and when necessary;
• Be fully committed to own personal learning and development;
• To agree to abide by YSA’s code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance with YSA operating procedures, including equal opportunities, safeguarding children, health and safety at work, etc.
• Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people;
• Able to inspire confidence and motivate swimmers;
• Perseverance and patience;
• Professional, punctual and well-organised;
• Able to work as part of a team;
• Flexibility to work weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
• Hold ASA/STA Level 1 Teaching Qualification (or equivalent);
• Ideally hold RLSS NRASTC or NPLQ Qualification (or equivalent);
• Enhanced DBS checked;
• Knowledge of Risk Assessments and Health & Safety guidelines;
• Knowledge of child protection and welfare issues;
• Commitment to the full term (dates to be confirmed);
Please send up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.