York Swimming Academy Ltd.
Post Title: Lead Swimming Teacher
Pay Grade: £20 per hour
Hours of Work: Saturdays (15:30-16:30)
Role: York Swimming Academy Ltd. are looking for passionate, enthusiastic and organised swimming teachers to join our team, delivering at centres across York.
Your primary role will be to help, teach and coach people of all ages and abilities to develop swimming skills, technique and confidence in the water. You will deliver sessions in a professional manner and undertake administrative tasks associated with the role (i.e. lesson plans, class registers, monitoring and evaluation).
• To plan and deliver lessons in accordance with the scheme of work;
• Implement the Swim England Learn to Swim Framework and reward schemes into your classes;
• Ensure safe provision of all equipment and ensure it is used correctly;
• Ensure safety standards are followed in sessions and undertake risk assessments;
• Identify participants’ abilities and encourage them to reach their full potential;
• Provide clear explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques;
• Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance;
• To be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage participants to engage in swimming;
• Evaluate sessions and give feedback;
• Regularly assess each participant’s ability and progress and arrange for the award of the appropriate certificates;
• To attend regular staff meetings as and when necessary;
• Be fully committed to own personal learning and development;
• To agree to abide by YSA's code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance with YSA operating procedures, including equal opportunities, safeguarding children, health and safety at work, etc.
• Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people;
• Able to inspire confidence and motivate swimmers;
• Perseverance and patience;
• Able to differentiate delivery to meet the needs of individuals;
• Professional, punctual and well-organised;
• Able to work as part of a team and also on own initiative, with minimum supervision;
• Flexibility to work weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
• Hold ASA/STA Level 2 Teaching Qualification (or equivalent);
• Hold RLSS NRASTC or NPLQ Qualification (or equivalent);
• Enhanced DBS checked;
• Knowledge of Risk Assessments and Health & Safety guidelines;
• Knowledge of child protection and welfare issues;
• Minimum 1yr teaching experience;
• Commitment to the full term (dates to be confirmed);
Please send up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com.