York Swimming Academy Ltd.
Post Title: Learn to Swim Manager (York)
Salary: £21,600 per annum, pro rata (plus bonuses)
Contract: Self Employed (initial 12 month contract, with opportunity to extend)
Hours of Work: 20hrs per week
Role: We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our experienced management team, who will manage the learn to swim provision across our York venues. The successful applicant will be expected to:
1. To coordinate the learn to swim provision;
2. Act as the key point of contact for customers;
3. Line management of the team of swimming teachers;
4. Provide administrative support for the management of the learn to swim scheme;
5. Improve the quality and standards of teaching across the learn to swim scheme;
Applicants will hold a Level 2 Swimming Teacher qualification and have (or be willing to undertake) the RLSS National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches or equivalent. With previous experience of delivering a learn to swim programme, you should be able to prioritise your workload, have good organisation, planning and communication skills, be able to work on your own initiative and be capable of leading and mentoring a team of swimming teachers.
• Achievement of KPIs in line with YSA’s focus on delivering world class lessons and customer experience.
• Day to day coordination and growth of the learn to swim programme within York.
• Ensure lessons are appropriately coordinated and fully staffed.
• Manage and supervise the distribution of swimming awards and sale of other goods.
• Assist in pool programming to optimise the allocation of facilities and staff.
• Produce and implement innovative promotions to build current customer base and maximise retention.
• Continually improve schemes of work and ensure that all lessons are planned and evaluations recorded by Lead Swimming Teachers.
• Mentor and develop the teaching team in accordance with YSA’s training requirements.
• Undertake teaching file audits in line with YSA’s operating procedure.
• Attend training courses/workshops as identified by YSA.
• Support recruitment of staff, where required.
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate.
• Treat all concerns of a child safeguarding nature as paramount. Refer and escalate as necessary in a timely and appropriate manner in line with YSA’s safeguarding policy.
• Adhere to YSA’s Equity and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Customer Service Standards and Uniform Policy at all times.
• Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements.
• Undertake any other responsibilities as required by the Company Directors that are commensurate with the remuneration for this post.
To apply, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter – outlining how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of this role (please include as much detail as possible);
• Comprehensive CV;
• Details of 2 references (including one from your current/most recent employer);
• Copy of your teaching qualifications
This post is subject to safe recruitment measures, therefore an enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencement of the role.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th September 2019