York Swimming Academy is a Limited Company, registered in England and Wales under Company No. 10434601.
York Swimming Academy Ltd.
10 Park Avenue
Contact number: +44 (0) 7562 48 42 30
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018
York Swimming Academy Ltd. takes your data privacy seriously. This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed.
There are governing principles that must be followed in relation to the processing of data about individuals including that data be:
• processed lawfully
• collected for a specific purpose
• relevant and necessary
• correct and up to date
• kept no longer than needed
• processed in accordance with individual's rights
• kept securely
• not be shared outside EEA without verifying adequate level of protection
What information do we hold?
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by completing forms on paper or on our website yorkswimmingacademy.com or by getting in touch with us by phone, email, social media or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our newsletter, search for a product, make a booking via our website or report a problem on our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, personal description, photographs and/or video, and financial and credit card information, and information about your child (children). We may also hold additional personal information that you have told us about your child’s (children’s) health or previous swimming history to help us ensure we provide the best care and service we can.
Information we collect about you
With regards to each of your visits to our websit we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including payment and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
If you’re a training service provider
If you’re a training service provider, such as a swim coach or international swimmer, we may also hold certain categories of sensitive information such as personal financial details, employment and educational history, references, medical and criminal records.
Why do we hold data?
Personal data is collected and used for a variety of reasons:
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us
• To give you information about York Swimming Academy news, and other goods and services we offer that are similar to those you’ve already purchased or asked us about
• To give you information about goods and services from selected third parties we feel may interest you
• To let you know of changes to our service
• To ensure the content from our site is presented in the most effective way for you and your device
How will we use your data?
If you’re an existing customer, we’ll only contact you by electronic means (email or text) with information about York Swimming Academy news and goods or services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
If you’re a new customer we will only contact you by electronic means (email or text) with information about York Swimming Academy news and goods or services if you’ve consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please ensure the relevant box on the form where we collect your data is not ticked.
We’ll also use your data:
• To administer our site for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
• To improve our site to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
• As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
• To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods and services that may interest you or them.
Uses of the information we get from other sources
We may combine information using the information you give us and the information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the type of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
• Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
• If York Swimming Academy or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
• If York Swimming Academy is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions to protect the rights, property, or safety of York Swimming Academy, our customers or others.
Where do we store your personal data?
We’re committed to hold your personal data securely. Only authorised individuals that need to see the data can access it. We may store your information on computers (hard drives, cloud-based storage) and secure servers. All computers that store any personal information are password protected.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you’re responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we’ll do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we’ve received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What is our legal basis for processing your data?
Our legal basis for processing your personal data is different depending on the purpose it was collected for. The following list covers the main types of data we hold, for a full list please contact us.
• Data collected to keep you informed about York Swimming Academy news, and other goods or services we offer that are similar to those you’ve already purchased or asked us about is held via consent
• Data collected through our online check-out or other means for the purpose of carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us is held for the contractual obligation or for our and your legitimate interest
• Data held about your child (children) for attending our swimming courses, is held on parental consent and vital interest
• Training service providers such as coaches and international swimmers’ data is held to comply with contractual obligations and to fulfil our legitimate interests.
• Data held to give you information about goods and services we feel may interest you is held for your and our legitimate interest
• Data held to let you know of changes to our services is held for your and our legitimate interest.
How long do we hold your data?
The length of time that we’ll keep your data will vary depending on the purpose for which it is processed.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of rights about how your data is processed. Full details of your personal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website: ico.org.uk
Your rights include the right to:
• Request access to the data we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
• Have inaccurate and incomplete data rectified
• Have the personal data we hold on you deleted (except where we are required to hold the data by law and where there is a legitimate interest to withhold it)
• To restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
• Data that is held on consent will only be processed as long as we have your consent. To withdraw your consent you can unsubscribe at anytime from email communication you receive from us or contact us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own data privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data including the use of encryption technology where appropriate, but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of working online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Please note that if you disable all cookies then you may not be able to access some parts of our website.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our site. The cookies collect information anonymously, including the number of visitors to our site, where visitors have come to our site from and the pages they have visited. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
For more information about data protection legislation, please visit ico.org.uk
v.2.0 May 2018